As the CTO of TempWorks Software I have guided all development and IT activities. This has resulted in several highly successful products and a complete ground up re-engineering of the company's flagship product, now known as TempWorks Enterprise.
TempWorks Software also offers a suite of SaaS products built upon an infrastructure I grew from a few servers to a Tier 3 data center with several years of proven 99.99% uptime.
I have been developing innovative and industry-first solutions for the staffing industry since 1998. As part of cutting edge group of Internet developers adopting the emerginging wave of new web technologies. I used these technologies to provide customer service portals at Dolphin Family Group of staffing providers. I moved on to use my expertise to transform TempWorks Software, a leading provider of staffing software products, to revelotionize the company's on-premises software and SaaS offerings. Today TempWorks Software installations include many high growth firms like Sterling Resource Funding, Manower francises, Link Staffing Services, Hire Dynamics, Chase Professionals, MDT Personnel, and many more.
- Provide innovative customer solutions for today's emerging Internet technologies
- Expertise developing strategic software architecture built upon Microsoft .NET technologies
- Managing development and IT teams to deliver highly scalable solutions
- UX design practices - User experience interface considerations from a user's perspective
- Proven experience to leverage knowledge and technology to provide a solutions to achieve business objectives
TempWorks Software, Inc. - Eagan, MN (2001 to Present)
Chief Technology Officer
- Hired as the company's first dedicated software developer and IT manager.
- Grew and manage the software development team of over 15 developers.
- Created TempWorks WebCenter, the company's first and highest revenue producing ancillary product. The first commercially available self-serve web portal for the staffing industry software users.
- Created TempWorks WebCenter VMS, the first "primary-vendor" VMS solution for the staffing software industry.
- Created TempWorks DocCenter, the first commercially available paperless employment on-boarding document system with digital signature capabilities.
- Created staffing industry first automated two-way SMS product, allowing users to update their status via their cell phones.
- Team lead and chief architect of TempWorks flagship Enterprise product. The first staffing software that supports on-premise and SaaS installations not requiring remote desktop technologies.
- Grew TempWorks Hosting Services from three servers to a fully redundant Tier 3 data center serving almost 1500 unique TempWorks users a month.
- Architected redundant and load balanced Microsoft Terminal Services and Citrix Servers, document storage, Microsoft IIS web farms, and multi-node SQL Server cluster solutions serving TempWorks SaaS offerings including Microsoft Office and Exchange.
- Designed the first disaster recovery offering for TempWorks on-premise customers allowing them to continue their business in case of a disaster involving their TempWorks installation.
- Achieved almost 40% server virtualization using VMware ESX solutions resulting in over $25,000 annual savings in hardware maintenance and infrastructure costs.
- Project manager and lead tech for all TempWorks trade show activities and suite expansions.
- Technical lead and primary developer on many 3rd party integration products including paycard providers like FirstData, MoneyNetwork, Global Paycard. Service providers like Monster, CareerBuilder, Dice, Sovren, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitter, Ariba, and Trak1.
Dolphin Group / Dolphin Fast Foods - Minneapolis, MN (1998 to 2001)
formally Dolphin Staffing and Industrial Staffing
- Managed IT infrastructure that included IBM RS/6000 server running AIX 4.3, NetWare 4, GroupWise 5, Windows Server 2000, Terminal Services, MS Exchange 2000, workstations, and Siemens CBX 8000 PBX.
- Managed Panasonic POS infrastructure with Windows NT Servers for 11 Burger King franchise locations.
- Migraded Novell and GroupWise 100 node network to Windows Active Directory and Exchange
- Upgraded two RISC RS/6000s servers to the F40 PowerPC platforms
- Developed PHP/Apache web solution for customers to access temp employee data and submit time cards.
- Created a solution using Cardiff scannable timecards and TempWorks that automated time entry and eventually reduced payroll overhead 30%.
- Developed a automated personal check-in system using TempWorks and HandPunch hand scanners using Borland Delphi.
- Developed a call-home software for Panasonic POS systems to get menu and pricing updates from a central location using Borland Delphi.
GeneSys, LLC. - St. Paul, MN (1996 to 1998)
Member of a four man team that used early web technologies to develop the first Digital Asset Management system for clients like Disney, McDonald's and Future Shop.
- Developed a product for publishing companies where the could hold content for advertising flyers in an Oracle DB and using an ODBC connector for Quark we were able produce dynamic Quark documents. Tools used were Oracle's 7.3 DB, Application Server 2.0 (PL/SQL), and MC Research's Link-UP for QuarkXPress.
Video Update, Inc. - St. Paul, MN (1995 to 1996)
- Administered a 90+ node Novell and Windows NT Server/Workstation network
- Administered RemoteWare XcelleNet server on an OS/2 platform
- Administered Informix, Btrieve, MS Access databases
- Supported client Windows, Unix, and MacOS machines
- Supported client 10BaseT, 100BaseT, and 10Base2 networks
- Provided internal and store technical support
- Coordinated and developed new reporting and communication techniques for company senior officers
- Helped coordinate the introduction of a new Windows NT network
- Worked closely with many departments on hardware and software technical issues
- Closely coordinated the new Warehouse Inventory / Store Accounting hardware and software
- Managed the IS warehouse, which included: the coordination of new store computer equipment; working closely with equipment vendors; and the maintenance of in store POS computer equipment and software.
- Managed retail store DOS, NetWare, and VideoTrace POS systems.
- Developed an in-house inventory system for IS assets that was adapted for the video tape warehouse assets.
Mystic Lake Casino - Prior Lake, MN (1993 to 1995)
Slot Machine Technician
- Day shift slot machine technician whose responsibilities included slot machine maintenance and repair.
- Developed a security key set check in/out inventory system using Microsoft Access